A Golden Visa is the fastest way in attaining Greek Residency for yourself, your spouse/partner and your family. Golden Visa allow investors to travel freely throughout Schengen Europe as well as to work in any part of Greece, while the visa holder is not necessarily required to reside in Greece in order to retain and renew the residency permit.
The investor can apply for the same visa permit for his or her spouse, partner, his or hers economically dependent parents, children, allowing for the right to reside and work in Greece. Furthermore, children are welcome into the Greek education system and can enter with this residency.
Greek Golden Visa Investment Threshold
The investment threshold for real estate is €250,000 or more per investor. To apply for residency, proof of the investment must be provided with a Property Registry filing.
The investment can be comprised of one or several properties, with which it can be of a residential, touristic, rural, commercial or industrial nature. Finally, the estate can be rural land, developed land, buildings under construction, garage & parking spaces, individual chalets and houses, apartments and flats.
Golden Visa Acquisition Process:
- Locate your property
- Make an appointment with the Greek consulate in your country near your place of residency and Sing the Power of Attorney that we will send in notarial form.
- Open an overseas bank account
- The designated Lawyer based on the PoA act for property acquisition transaction and the golden visa application.
- Upon application you will get a temporary visa which is valid for one year and usually until Golden Visa is issued.
- Mandatory visit in Greece after 6 months in order to go through the submission of biometrical data.
Golden Visa Fees:
- Attorney fees for the deed of transfer and GV application submission
- Notarial fees for the deed of transfer
- Taxes at 3.09% of the transaction price
- 2000 Euro fee payable to the Greek state for GV application submission
- Property’s transfer recorded, payable to the Greek State at the Land Registry.
What Documents are Required for Golden Visa Application?
- Two copies of the application document
- Four recent color photos (passport type)
- Certified copy of valid passport or travel documents recognized by Greece and the relevant valid entry visa
- Applicable vouchers Proof of payment
- Relevant notarial deeds
- Certification by insurance agency for the cost of hospitalization and medical care
- Digital signature & submission of biometrical data Duration Golden Visa for Greece is issued for five years and can be renewed indefinitely as long as you maintain the investment.
If you ultimately choose to live in Greece, then after seven years of continuous residence, you can also apply for Greek citizenship. Keep in mind that family members residence permit expires upon the expiry of the sponsor. While having the Blue Paper in hand you can enjoy benefits for approximately one year.
Your Golden Visa Renewal Process
According to Enterprise Greece, which is the competent national body, under the supervision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for attracting investments in Greece and promoting exports:
By decision of the Secretary General of the Decentralized Administration, a residence permit for five years, with the possibility of renewal, is granted to a citizen of a third country, who:
- Has entered the country legally with any entry visa or resides legally in the country.
- Has personal full ownership of real estate in Greece. In the case of co-ownership of a property, worth 250,000 euros, the right of residence is granted only if the owners of the property are spouses who own the property indivisibly. In all other cases of co-ownership, the right of residence is granted only if the co-ownership percentage of each co-owner is worth 250,000 euros.
- Has full ownership, prefecture and possession of real estate in Greece, through a legal entity, whose shares or corporate shares belong entirely.
- Has entered a lease of at least ten years of hotel accommodation or tourist furnished residences in complex tourist accommodation, in accordance with the provisions of article 8 par. 2 of law 4002/2011 (A 180).
- Has concluded a time lease agreement in accordance with the provisions of Law 1652/1986 “Time Lease Agreement and Regulation of Related Issues” (A 167), as in force.
The minimum amount of the real estate, as well as the contractual price of the leases of hotel accommodation or tourist dwellings of this article, is set at two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) euros and must have been paid in full at the signing of the contract.
Citizens of third countries, property owners are given the opportunity to rent them.
The above third country citizen may be accompanied by his family members who are granted, upon their request, an individual residence permit that expires at the same time as the residence permit of the dependent.
Your Golden Visa Renewal Documentation Needs to Include
- Filled in application
- Four recent color photos (passport type)
- A certified copy of the previous permanent residency
- Certification of an insurance agency for hospitalization and medical care cost.
Greek Golden Visa – Key to Success!
There are no minimum stay requirements, while Greek Golden Visa Program is the lowest investment option in Europe. Stroll around Schengen Area after following the above steps.